Thursday, September 4, 2008
My new mantra
Is it okay to find a New Year's resolution well past the beginning of the new year? I've never been one to really set resolutions. I guess this is more a life resolution anyway. In April, after listening to general conference, Elder Ballard's talk, entitled "Daughters of God", really struck home in so many ways. There were several parts that were completely enlightening to me, but there was one in particular that has changed the way I think about my life. He quoted Anna Quindlen who spoke of living in the moment a little more. Of wishing she could go back and soak up the small moments of life that were now gone. She said, "I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." I loved that idea so much I have it written on my wall in vinyl letters. So here's my resolution-I'm going to try to treasure the moments a little more. In my attempt to do that, I've created this blog. This is, in part, thanks to my cousin Sarah and her blog, where she shows that she is treasuring the doing. I'm doing this more for myself than for anyone else that may read it, but if you do read this-I hope you enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for procrastinated New Year's Resolutions!!! Love your blog so far! :)
Post a Comment