Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall days


I want Halloween to be here just so that Porter can wear this everyday! This arrived in the mail this week-a surprise from Granny! Thanks! And to make it even cuter-it glows in the dark. I would try to take a picture of it glowing, but the flash makes it not dark and Porter doesn't hold still long enough to get a picture without the flash. My little bobble head skeleton.





Fall has been quite lovely the last while. I am thoroughly enjoying the lingering warmth without the blazing heat of the summer. We all love the swingset in the backyard and have been spending lots of time out there lately. The neighbor kids all come and join in too, which we love. Swings are such happy things. I don't think anyone, kid or adult, can get tired of swings. Nicole has become a little gymnast since school started. She loves the monkey bars at school and plays on the crossbar of the A-frame on our swingset almost as much as the swings themselves. She's hanging upside-down on the bar in that picture of her. I have to admit that I'm dreading winter. It's just so nice to be able to go outside so easily and comfortably. Winter is so much harder to enjoy. All the bundling it takes to go play outside in the winter. And the cold, dark mornings... I don't know why I have such a looming dread. I hope I snap out of it. It'll be extra long and bleak if I don't! Just know that I am enjoying the pleasant weather while it is still here!

One more note-the library at Nicole's school is up and running. I don't know if anyone really knows, but I've been in charge of getting the library together. I'm not really sure myself how I got nominated for the job. Parents at the school have asked me if I have a degree in library science or something related. No. No I don't. But after starting with no library shelves and books in piles on the floor and utter chaos, we now have an organized library with over 5,000 books for the kids at school. I think I've put at least 80+ hours in at the school getting everything together. I've had help from a few people also, which I'm completely grateful for. I'll post pictures soon. I keep forgetting to take the camera with me to the school. I still have a few things that I'm working on to make the library more fun, but the necessary stuff is done and the library is open for business. It's a good feeling-being a part of something bigger than myself.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness! Your kids are so big. When did that happen? And Porter is crawling? Has it really been that long since I've seen you? Good luck re-babyproofing your house. I've come to understand now why my parents always complained, "Why can't we have nice things." Cuz they had kids!!